Dr. Steven K. Moayad
Training and specialisation in the practice in Vienna
After completing my studies in human medicine at the Medical Faculty in Vienna and my medical internship at the Korneuburg - Stockerau hospital, I selected orthopaedics and orthopaedic surgery as area of specialisation in the Orthopaedic Hospital Speising in Vienna. In addition, I completed postgraduate business studies at the Technical University of Vienna.
Within the scope of my duties as Orthopaedic Specialist, it is important to me to always be informed about the latest trends and developments. You as patient should eventually receive the best possible therapy. The surgery in Vienna specialises in the areas of orthopaedics, sports medicine, and pain therapy. Within these I am able to fully apply myself for my patients. For me it is important to achieve really good, rather than conventional results for you that correspond to your wishes and goals. I offer my patients innovative and highly effective methods in pain therapy, with a special emphasis on:
I have been playing handball intensively since my ninth birthday, of which twenty years were at the highest level. 2001 saw the achievement of best handball goal keeper in Austria and inclusion in the men’s national team.
Also hobby-wise I regularly participate in sport: mountain biking, running, tennis and fitness.
As I participate in endurance sport myself and am the team doctor of the Austrian women’s national handball team, I know how important it is not to pause for too long and to resume sport and career activities as soon as possible.
- Consulting Othopaedic Specialist at the REHA Centre Clinic Bad Pirawarth
- Team doctor of the women’s national handball team, junior and youth teams since 2009
- Lecturer in the training of Austrian handball trainers and the European Handball Association
- Medicinal Advisory Council of the European Handball Association
- Member of the Austrian Orthopaedic Society
- Member of the Society for orthopaedic traumatological sports medicine (GOTS)
- Member of the Austrian Society for Manual Medicine
- Member of the EFDMA (European Society for Fascial Therapy)
- Specialist in orthopaedics and orthopaedic surgery (Orthopaedic Surgeon)
- General Medical Practitioner
- ÖÄK Diploma in Manual Medicine
- ÖÄK Diploma in Sports Medicine
- ÖÄK Diploma Emergency Doctor (inactive)
- ÖÄK Diploma in Pain Therapy
- EFDMA certified FDM therapist